11 - Apr - 2019

The sequel will be divided into two movies


. After five years from "Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Taika-hen / Densetsu no saigo-hen", it's coming  the "beginning" and "end" of the "Rurouni Kenshin" series ", but completed in two consecutive works in the summer of 2020! The battle against the Mystery of the cross-story and the most terrifying enemy!

Otomo Keishi's (the director) comment:
- ""To surpass the quality of the previous films, we have poured a massive quantity of heatinto this film from many view points, such as action scenes never seen before, two totally different erasof Bakumatsu and Meiji, a deep drama that Kenshin carries, and a pure love story. It will definitelybecome a film that can be loved by everyone, so we hope you will be looking forward to it in the summerof 2020."

Takeru Sato's ("Kenshin Himura) comment:
"I have performed to my maximum for my roles in every films, but I still have a specialfeeling about 'Rurouni Kenshin.' And this two-part film must the most important episode for Kenshin,because it reveals the secret about his cross wound (Kenshin's past). Since we finished making KyotoInferno/the Legend Ends, I have felt that it would be the most difficult challenge to make a sequel tothem. Through everyday that I can shoot the film that I have absolutely wanted to make, I have trulyfelt that this will be a very important work for me. "

Official movie Site.
The second official image, the first post:


The shooting started in November 2018. It is being held in various places such as Kyoto, Nara, Shiga, Mie, Hyogo, Kumamoto, Hiroshima, Tochigi, Saitama and Shizuoka, and is scheduled to end in May.


Source: Twitter